Steve Jobs has shaped the world. The founder of Apple was an entrepreneur, visionary and source of inspiration that is second to none. In this post we have put together the best Steve Jobs quotes and sayings – whether funny, thoughtful or inspiring.
Who was Steve Jobs?
Steve Jobs – actually Steven Paul Jobs – was an American founder, entrepreneur, investor, and the managing director of the global corporation Apple . He was born in San Francisco on February 24, 1955, to a Syrian political student and an American mother. Since his parents had little money, he was released for adoption.
Steve Jobs grew up in simple relationships with his adoptive parents and pursued his interests at a very young age. In the early 1970s, he helped some engineers develop computers . With his long-time childhood friend Steve Wozniak, he continued to develop existing technologies until the first Apple computer was built in 1976 . Jobs and Wozniak then founded the company ” Apple Inc. ” on April 1, 1976 .
It wasn’t until 1984 that the Macintosh was developed that Steve Jobs made his breakthrough with Apple . The computer offered users many new opportunities and was initially “socially acceptable”. It could also be served by lay people.
In the 1990s, further Apple models were developed, and in the new millennium, more revolutionary products such as the iPod, Macbook, iPad or iPhone were concentrated. Apple has become an integral part of private households, especially since the triumph of the smartphone. Apple products have become the worldwide standard, the company is one of the most successful companies worldwide. Apple and Steve Jobs stand for innovation, creativity, modernity and forward-thinking.
The management at Apple handed over Steve Jobs to Tim Cook at the beginning of 2011, Jobs himself completely withdrew from Apple in the summer of the same year. He died on October 5, 2011 due to a serious cancer.
Steve Jobs Quotes: The Best Sayings
- Don’t waste your time living someone else’s life.
- Design is not what it looks like. Design is how it works.
- Find what you love. And never be satisfied with anything less.
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. You know who you want to be.
- Remembering that you will die is the best way to realize that you have nothing to lose.
- I’m sure that staying power is half the difference between successful and unsuccessful companies.
- I think if you have created something really good, you should develop something new really well and not indulge in success for too long. Just see what’s next.
- The greatest satisfaction comes when you give your heart and soul to something for a long time – and it is worth it.
- You can quote them, you can contradict them, you can glorify or demonize them, only one thing you cannot do: ignore them – because they change things. They bring the human race forward. Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are doing it.
- For me, the computer is the most remarkable tool we have ever created. It is the equivalent of a bike for the mind.
- Microsoft’s success doesn’t make me sad. You deserve it. I only have one problem with the fact that they only develop third-class products.
- Big developments in companies never come from one person. You are the product of a team.
- It’s really difficult to develop products for target groups. Very often people don’t even know what they want – until you show them.
- There’s no point hiring bright minds and then telling them what to do. We hire smart people to tell us what we can do.
- You cannot make a connection by looking ahead. You can only make it by looking back. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in the future. You have to trust something – your gut feeling, your fate, your life, your karma, whatever. This approach never disappointed me and made the difference in my life.
- Innovation makes the difference between a leader and a follower.
- I would give up all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.
- Picasso once said: copy good artists, steal great artists. And we’ve always been shameless in stealing great ideas.
- Details are important. It is worth waiting for them to be correct.
- If you only look at the profit, you will become careless. But if you focus on making really good products, the profit will follow.
- Stay thirsty for knowledge and have the courage to move out of the conventional pathways.
- I had a little over $ 1 million when I was 23, over $ 10 million at 24 and over $ 100 million at 25 and I didn’t care because I didn’t do it for the money.
- I’m the only person I know who has lost a quarter of a billion dollars in a year. It’s good for the character.
- Making decisions about what you don’t do is as important as making decisions about what you do. This applies to companies as well as to products.
- You watch TV when you want to switch off your brain. You work on the computer when you want to turn on the brain.
- Don’t let your own inner voice drown out by the noise of other opinions.
- Getting fired at Apple was the best thing that happened to me. The burden of success was driven away by the ease of a new beginning. That freed me and gave me perhaps the most creative phase of my life.
- I am not concerned with being right, I am concerned with being successful. I don’t mind being wrong and I admit to being wrong many times. I don’t really care. I am concerned that we are doing the right thing.
- It is not belief in technology. It is belief in humanity.
- Everyone here has in mind that right now is one of those moments when we can influence the future.
Steve Jobs: His vision, his work, his philosophy
Steve Jobs lived a crazy life between genius and ordinary madness. His work has become a role model for an entire industry , his products are associated with a certain lifestyle and his moral ideas are often used as a source of inspiration .
Steve Jobs recognized the opportunities that life offers. His philosophy and values were the foundation of Apple’s success . Steve Jobs’ wisdom and attitudes to life gave structure and success to the US company. His mindset can be summarized as follows:
- Do what you love and follow your heart.
- Leave traces in the universe, create added value.
- Say “No” more often.
- The most valuable resource we have is time.
- Focus on simple things.
- Sell dreams and opportunities, not products.
- Strain your brain, pay attention and use it.
- Create unforgettable experiences.
- Stay hungry for success!
In the following video Steve Jobs explains very well from which angle he looks at life, what opportunities it offers and what his philosophy is. Really highly recommended and inspiring!
Did you like the Steve Jobs quotes or do you have any other inspiring sayings ? What is your opinion on Steve Jobs? Let us know in the comments! 🙂